Saturday, November 29, 2014

According to Amanda: Mascara Hack

 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is fully recovered from the turkey-coma.  If you braved the crowds at the mall yesterday, then I hope you've rested up from that too!  I opted to sleep in and deck the halls with all things Christmas, and let me tell you, it was totally worth it.  I did go shopping in the afternoon but nothing really struck my fancy (except for Bath and Body works candles ... so many candles).  I think I'm losing my retail-therapy touch, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Since this whole past week was a little off with the holiday and long weekend, I wanted to post something short and sweet today. 

I recently ran out of my Benefit They're Real! mascara and decided to just go pick up one of my drugstore favorites, The Rocket by Maybelline.  If you've tried either one of these, then you know just how stubborn and difficult they both are to remove.  That's probably why I like wearing them so much, because I know I won't have racoon eyes or little mascara flakes all over my face at the end of the day, but at the same time I dread when I have to try and take off the stuff.  Plus, I'm a girl who really likes to pile on the mascara. 

I've already talked about how I really don't like to use oil-based eye makeup removers because I feel like I'm tugging too hard at my eyelashes and not much ends up actually being removed.  The lotion-based remover that I do use does a pretty good job, but I still have to go over each eye a couple times to get it all, and even then there's still some residue.  When I received a sample-size mascara from a recent Sephora purchase, I decided to try layering that mascara under my Maybelline.  That night, it was soooo much easier to remove!  Since the stubborn mascara is not applied directly to your eyelashes, it makes all the difference.  I haven't had any problems with the wear of my mascara since doing this either.  It's also a great way to use up those samples or mascaras that you might have purchased but didn't like so much to wear on their own.

What are some of your tried and true beauty hacks?

xoxo,
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat