Thursday, February 19, 2015

Black & Red












I love the combination of black and red, not only because that just so happens to be my favorite team's colors but also because it's so effortlessly chic.  This amazing coat was a gift from my parents for Christmas and it has been a winter staple for me ever since.  The length is perfect for dresses and jeans alike and there's plenty of room for layers underneath.  It also has a hood, which is something I really wanted for those mornings when Elsa decides to unleash her furry it's snowing.  Boxy coats don't really work for my body shape, so the fact that I can define my waist with the belt is perfect.  As far as the shoes, I've had these heels for a couple years now and just recently rediscovered them for Wear Red Day.  I love them because the heel isn't outrageously high so I can comfortably wear them all day, and the Mary Jane strap adds a retro flair.  Since the 12 inches or so of snow that we got this week won't be melting anytime soon, I can safely say that this coat won't be getting packed away anytime soon.


Coat || Michael Kors
Heels || old || Similar
Jeans || Old Navy
Bag || Ann Taylor


Photos by Chelcey Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat