Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Peplum & Polka Dots












It's been a hot minute since I did an outfit post, so when I found this look stored away on my computer hidden in my bag of tricks, I was pumped.  This was partly due to the fact that I forgot I even owned this shirt, and also because I have had no time to even think about stylish outfits.  Seriously, I wore yoga pants to work this weekend.  And tennis shoes.  That never happens.  You can bet your bottom dollar there will be a champagne celebration come January 15th, if I still have my sanity.  Anyway, I love tops like this one that combine two things you wouldn't normally see, a fashion juxtaposition if you will.  In this case, it's the peplum detail on a more casual, sweatshirt-esque top.  I say "esque" because it's more of a waffle-weave material than cotton, but still comfy as can be.  Throw on a pair of skinnies and booties and you're pretty much golden.  Or if you're like me, you can take it up a notch with a statement necklace to really set things apart. 


Top || Macy's (old) || Similar here
Jeans || Loft
Necklace || Francesca's Collections
Bag || Rebecca Minkoff
Booties || DSW


Photos by Chelcey Tate


xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat