Friday, January 9, 2015

Currently Watching

 
This week, I've suddenly found myself with what seems like an endless list of shows to catch up on.  My recently neglected DVR has now gone into overdrive to capture all of the TV goodness, from the guiltiest of pleasures to the tearjerkers to the shows that make you go "hmmm."  To top it all off, I may have added a new show into the mix which I definitely did not need to do.  Here's a recap of what I'm currently watching when I'm not doing that thing called work (and don't worry, spoilers are not included).

Revenge
This show has taken a huge 180 since the first season, and everything is really starting to come full circle.  Maybe that makes it a 360?  Regardless, Emily Thorne is a bad ass chick out to seek major vengeance against those who have done her and her father wrong.  She's a socialite with a wardrobe that would make Carrie Bradshaw gasp and I absolutely love her style.  If you're looking for something new to binge on Netflix, I highly recommend this one since it's a good mix of action and drama, with a love triangle to tie it all together.

New Girl
By now, you must know that my obsession with Zooey Deschanel and her fabulous bangs is very real, so I will take full advantage of any chance I get to watch her.  Her character's quirky one liners, along with those of pretty much all the roommates, make me laugh out loud even in a room by myself.  She's also got a wardrobe I would kill to have, though it is completely different than that of Emily.  If you are in need of some cheering up or just a good laugh, this show will do the trick.

Parenthood
I am so sad that I only have four episodes of this left until it's gone forever, and I am equally as glad that I decided to binge-watch this show to catch up to the current season.  If you need a good cry or just want to get in touch with your emotions, Parenthood will definitely do that for you.  It's not all sap though.  There are just as many comedic moments that will lift your spirits.  Such an emotional roller coaster, but so worth the ride.

Pretty Little Liars
Oh hey, this is another product of my binging abilities.  Four seasons over a couple months span?  That's a new record folks.  I have to say, I'm ready to find out who A is already, as I'm sure we all are.  But yet, I keep watching religiously.  This show has a lot of suspense, even for ABC Family, and I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I sometimes feel uneasy in my apartment when I turn out the lights to go to bed after watching.

The Bachelor
I have never ever ever watched a season of The Bachelor.  Ever.  But Monday evening, I turned on the TV and started cooking dinner.  The TV just so happened to be on this channel already, and due to my impeccable timing this show just so happened to be coming on.  I thought to myself, what the hell, and soon enough I was sucked in faster than I could blink an eye.  It doesn't hurt that I get to look at farmer Chris for two hours, albeit around all that big hair and crazy.  I have a feeling this will be my new guilty pleasure.

What are some of your favorite shows right now?

xoxo,
Amanda   

1 comment:

  1. I am huge fan of Castle, The Big Bang Theory and Elementary. This winter weather is the perfect excuse to curl up and watch my favourite shows!

    Ashley www.peacefulsimplelife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat