Monday, January 5, 2015

No-Buy Month ... Round Two


Now that the holidays are over and things are (not willingly) getting back to normal, I wanted to start this year off with a clean slate.  I spent my New Year's Day doing a little lounging and a whole lot of cleaning.  I pulled a lot of pieces from my closet to get rid of and make room for the new goodies from Christmas, and it felt so good to avoid the cluttered mess I'm usually left with this time of year.  Because the next couple of weeks are going to be incredibly busy for me at work, this was really my only free day to get this done and kick off the month right.  I'm not going to lie, I totally still have my Christmas decorations up, though, and they're going to stay that way until at least the middle of the month.  This is the only time I allow myself to be a couch potato in the evenings, and you would too if you were working these hours.

Last year, before I had started the blog, I did a no-buy month for January.  Let's face it, who really needs to go shopping for more stuff right after you receive a bunch of gifts?  Plus, the crazy work hours make it easy for me to avoid the mall, although I have been bitten by the online shopping bug recently so that might make for a bit of a challenge this go around.  I also don't want to blow through any gift cards or money I may have received as gifts, even though the stores don't make it easy.  Since when did everyone do a semi-annual sale in January?  Ugh!  I really want to save more and spend less this year, so what better way than completely cutting myself off?  Am I right, or am I right?  I'm talking everything from beauty products to clothes, but not the necessities of course.  We can't get carried away now.     

So that brings me here, to the decision to embark on another no-buy month for January.  Instead of worrying about shopping and scoring the latest deal, I am excited to focus more on meaningful content for the blog, spend more time with friends and family and even start back on an exercise routine!  Hooray for the gym at my apartments finally being completed!  I've also got a few new ideas up my sleeve, but you'll just have to wait for those ;)

Here's to a month of saving!  Are you planning on trying a no-buy month to kick off 2015?

PS - A trip to the salon is definitely in my near future.  Can you say roots for days?  Not pretty.  I'm thinking about changing things up a bit when it comes to my hair color, but then again maybe I just like the idea of change.  I guess we will have to wait to and see how I feel on the day when I walk through the salon doors.

xoxo,
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat