Monday, December 15, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things



I'm not going to lie, life is about to get really crazy at work.  Not to mention with all of the holiday happenings, it's a double whammy.  I'm going to try and maintain a consistent schedule as much as possible, but if I miss a day here or there, forgive me!  Since I've skimped on the monthly favorites lately, I thought now was as good a time as ever to get caught up on some of the things I've been loving lately (cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels not included).


- Liquid lipstick.  The wonderful thing about the Sephora Favorites lip set is that you have the chance to try out all kinds of new lip products that you might not otherwise purchase.  For me, that's been liquid lipstick.  From the first swipe, I was in love.  There are several different brands included in the set and none of them budged all day.  For this working girl, that equals amazing.  Not having to worry about touch-ups throughout the day?  Sign me up!


- Taylor Swift 1989.  I actually went to Target and bought this album, and it's darn good.  I've pretty much been listening to it on repeat at work, with a little Christmas music sprinkled in.  The girl knows how to write killer lyrics, what can I say?  It's brought back a lot of childhood memories of rushing out to buy a cd the day of release and learning all the words to every single song.  I guarantee that if you go out and buy it, you'll have the songs stuck in your head too.  Don't say I didn't warn ya!


- Christmas movies on DVR.   Funny story, I still have movies saved on my DVR from two years ago, when I moved into my first apartment.  So, if ABC Family isn't showing something up to my Christmas standards, I have my own selection to choose from.  Take that 25 Days of Christmas!  Sometimes I'll forget it's recorded and get really confused by the commercials, though.


- Daily vloggers.  I have been following a bunch of YouTube channels for years now, most of them being beauty-related.  The world of YouTube is kind of a black hole, because once you start watching one video you'll find another that's related and another and so one.  You get my drift.  Well, a lot of them are doing a series called Vlogmas (how cute!) where they vlog every day until Christmas.  I like watching things like this more than reality tv really, because we all know those shows that aren't really "reality". 


- Pajama sets.  There's nothing like a cold winter night, curled up on the couch with a blanket and hot tea, watching a Christmas movie, all while wearing a cozy flannel PJ set.  It's just the best, plain and simple. 


- Trader Joe's.  I'm usually a Kroger shopper, but lately I've been in more of a "shop small" mood.  This includes groceries.  Usually Trader Joe's is a treat for me since it's not exactly the closest grocery store.  I've decided to make it my regular stop though, and by working it into my regular routine I don't feel like I'm going out of the way.  Since it's right by the malls here, I just head there after some shopping!  Because let's be honest, when is there a week when I'm not at the mall? 


- Seat warmers.  As much as I miss my old car, I'm loving my new one just the same.  And can we say hello seat warmers?!  My commute to work is so short that usually the heat doesn't really get hot by the time I pull in the parking lot, but those seat warmers are like magic.  They're pretty much hot instantly, which makes for a nice and toasty ride.


- Round brush.  I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I probably haven't bought a new hair brush in years.  You would think that with me being the most girly of girls that it wouldn't be the case, but I've just never bothered with it.  And the ones I was using were gross.  I finally picked up a new round brush to blow out my hair and oh emm gee the thing is amazing.  How was I living before this?  I've been able to get away with only a blow out, which is something I've never been able to do before.


- Watch ESPN App.  Speaking of drying my hair, among other things I do in my room/bathroom, it's so frustrating to have to go dry my hair at night when there's a Louisville game on!  Since I only have one tv in my apartment in my living room, I usually just turn the volume up really loud, but that won't compete against a blow dryer.  As long as you have the cable service already, you can stream games to your phone and take it with you anywhere in your apartment, bathroom included.


-Blogging.  I can't say enough how wonderful it has been writing this little blog of mine.  It's my creative outlet and therapeutic place I can go when I need to re-focus.  I always look forward to planning the coming week's topics out, taking photos with Chelcey, and sharing things about myself with all of you.  I can only ask myself why I didn't start sooner!


What are some of your favorite things as of late?


xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat