Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankful


As we gear up for Thanksgiving this week (you know, the holiday between Halloween and Christmas), I wanted to take a moment to share some of the things I am thankful for in my life!  No matter how silly or how serious they may be, it's so important to remember what we have to be grateful for before going into a turkey coma.  And no, I'm not talking about shopping deals either.  It can't really be Black Friday anymore if everything starts on Thursday, now can it?  That's a rant for another day but for now, here are some things I am thankful for! 

- My family who would do anything for me.
- Knowing that a night of hanging with my friends will always result in good laughs and new jokes.
- This space, where I get a chance to express my creativity and share it with all of you!
- Mornings with no alarm set and nowhere to be.
- My beautiful new apartment.
- Being independent and financially able to support myself.
- My growing career at a rapidly growing company.
- Having my best friend live five doors down from me.
- The fact that Starbucks doesn't stop serving breakfast sandwiches until they run out of them (cough, Panera, cough)
- Living within a mile of Target.
- A best friend who understands my addiction to Mexican food.
- My front porch so I don't get wet when I walk outside and it's raining.
- Frozen sing-a-long sessions with Kelly and Amanda.
- The confidence I have to try new things.
- Living in the best city in the country (IMO).
- An awesome team to cheer for (Go Cards!)
- Amazing finds at the thrift store.
- A photographer best friend who takes my photos for me :)
- Being able to go a week in between hair washes (the struggle is real).
- The Pop2K station on satellite radio.
- The fact that no one was hurt when I was in a wreck.
- Father-daughter trips to see the Boss whenever he's playing close by.
- Sleepovers with my sister.
- Sophie, the cutest little dog in the world, who is always happy to see me when I come to visit my parents.

This list is by no means inclusive, but just a little thank you I wanted to put out there on this dreary Monday morning (at least it's a short work week ... I am thankful for that!).  I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving spent with loved ones!  What are you are thankful for?

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat