Friday, January 30, 2015

January Favorites



I kind of failed at keeping up with my monthly favorites last year, but I am going to try my best to maintain the series this year.  Even during no-buy months like January, it will give me a chance to show some love for the products that may not have been on my radar for a while.  And even though my beauty routine was seriously lacking for the first half of the month, it feels so good to be back in the swing of things now.  Good thing too, because being out of practice when it comes to winged liner is no joke.

Revlon Privee Collection Lipstick - Julianne's Nude
Revlon lipsticks hold a special place in my heart because they remind me of being a little girl and playing with my grandmother's makeup, so when I saw this limited edition collection, I knew I had to pick up at least one.  The color is a perfect every day shade and I wore this a lot in January when I wanted a no-fuss routine.  I couldn't find this available online, but I've still seen this collection in stores so you still have a chance to snag one (or five).

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel
My past experiences with brow gel haven't been the greatest.  Think crispy and crunchy looking brows.  You shouldn't be able to describe something that frames your face the way you would fried chicken.  Now that I've stepped my brow game up by filling them in most days, I realized I needed a good gel to keep them in place.  There is a reason this brand takes the cake when it comes to achieving that perfect arch.  I don't have to worry about unruly hairs, but at the same time they don't look like they're plastered to my face.

Nars Highlight Powder - Albatross
This was one of those impulsive purchases I made back in November during the VIB sale.  I had intended to buy a different highlight powder, but much to my dismay, it was sold out in store.  I'm not really a fan of ordering online when it comes to makeup because I prefer the instant gratification of purchasing in person, so instead I meandered over to the Nars section and stumbled upon this beauty.  The color is absolutely gorgeous, and it gives your skin the most amazing glow without being too over the top.  I'm definitely glad I ended up with this in my basket!

Living Proof 5-in-1 Styling Treatment
Something I'm really trying to get better about is taking care of my hair.  I've got the skincare routine down pat, but admittedly I can make shortcuts when it comes to hair products.  Since I don't wash my hair but once a week or so, that definitely cuts down on heat damage from blow drying and styling, but when I do those things, I want to protect my hair as much as possible.  I received this product as part of a deluxe sample bag a few months ago, and it's been so wonderful for my hair, leaving it softer than ever.  And with this being multipurpose, it knocks out everything in one.  If you can score a sample of this like I did, it will last you a long time.

Friends on Netflix
In the last couple weeks, I've gotten through 3+ seasons of this show and the whole time I've been asking myself why I never watched it before.  Ok, maybe it's because I was only 6 when it first came on, and those random reruns in syndication don't really count.  But really, why have I never thought to watch this before?!  I'm sure you're throwing the nearest object at your screen right now, as I'm sure I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Friends.  For that reason, I don't have to tell you how awesome and funny it is, because you already know.  But just rest assured that I will be on your Friends level soon.

What are some of your favorites for January?

xoxo,
Amanda   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat