Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Skin Care Essentials


I don't know about you, but my skin has about as much moisture as the Sahara Desert this time of year.  I really started to notice it recently in the mornings after applying moisturizer.  My skin would feel just as dry as it was before, like it was drinking up my trusty Aveeno and begging for more.  Tight, itchy skin is not a good feeling, let me tell you.  It makes foundation application and everything else ten times worse too.  I knew if I wanted to get through the winter months to come with some sanity, I'd need to up the ante on my skin care.  So far, I've found a good regimen that seems to be working well.  It's a balance of old favorites and new goodies from the Sephora VIB sale (impeccable timing, am I right?). 

Here are the products that are essential for me and my skin during the harshest weather.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple
There's a reason this cleanser is an Allure beauty award winner.  It's creamy and gentle but still incredibly effective at removing every last trace of makeup from your skin.  I've been able to stop using makeup remover wipes (which I find to be drying) with this product, it's that amazing!  In the winter this is especially important because you don't want to strip away your skin's natural moisture every time you wash your face.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Every couple of days, I like to exfoliate my face to get rid of any dry flakes and dullness.  This scrub does the perfect job of revealing fresh, glowing skin while also maintaining hydration.  Your skin will never feel as soft as it does after using this scrub.  It's one of my HG drugstore products, and you really can't beat it for the price.

Ponds Makeup Remover Cream
I've never been able to use oil-based eye makeup removers.  I always feel like I have to pull and tug way too much at my eyelid and lashes to get anything to come off.  That's no good for a slew of other reasons, let alone the residue it seems to leave behind.  I've found some awesome cream eye makeup removers over the years, but they always end up discontinued, so maybe I'm the only one that feels this way?  Either way, I tried this cream recently and so far I really enjoy it. I wear some pretty stubborn mascara and it removes everything.  The proof is in the pudding when you don't wake up with racoon eyes in the morning!

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream
I don't really have a huge problem with my under-eye skin being dry, but I still like to use an eye cream nonetheless.  A little preventative TLC can go a long way down the road, after all.  This little jar has lasted me just about all year and I love the texture.  It's not too light or too heavy and soaks right into your skin so it can get all of the benefits (get it, ha).  I'm a total product junkie so I'll probably try something new when this is used up, but I still highly recommend this as a good eye cream, especially if you've never used them before.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar for Dry Skin
The original Hope in a Jar is probably one of my all time favorite moisturizers, but it just doesn't give enough hydration in the winter, which is why I hadn't bothered to repurchase it lately.  I knew that for winter, I'd need something richer.  With the VIB sale that just ended, I took this as the perfect opportunity to try the dry skin formula.  I've been using it for about a week at this point, and so far I can truly tell a difference between the two.  My skin looks soft and supple, and foundation application has been so much smoother.  I don't know why I didn't try this sooner! 

What are some of your skin care essentials for the winter months?

xoxo,
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat