Tuesday, May 13, 2014

10 Random Facts About Me

  1. I've never broken a bone in my body.  I did have to get stitches on my head when I was three from hitting my head on a brick fireplace (ouch), but that's about it.  And now I must go knock on wood to keep it that way.
  2. I have a fear of left-hand turns and will avoid them at all costs when driving.  At a traffic light I'll be fine, but crossing six lanes of traffic - no thank you.  I'm pretty sure this all came about when I almost got in a wreck from attempting a left turn on a busy road.  Scary stuff.
  3. I have two very best friends that are more like sisters to me, Chelcey and Whitney.  They knew each other in high school, but the three of us met at our previous job.  I can't believe it's already been five years since we first met.  We're creating our own business, The Brunch Club, to help up and coming creative entrepreneurs and I am so excited for this venture.  Check it out!
  4. I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to numbers and certain electronic devices.  Specifically, the number of the volume level cannot end in a 1, 4, 6, or 9 (so basically, the number cannot be adjacent to one that ends in 0 or 5).  I swear I'm not crazy, I think it's just the accountant in me.  At least, that's what I tell myself.
  5. I'm addicted to British reality tv.  Chelcey got me hooked on a fantastic show called The Only Way is Essex and I've binge-watched all 11 seasons on Hulu.  It's the best guilty pleasure ever.  If you love the Hills, then you'll love TOWIE.
  6. I've traveled outside of the country once, to Paris for a trip in high school, and it is my dream to go back.  I studied French for six years through middle and high school and into college, and I still find myself silently translating random phrases and things in my head.  I'm not fluent by any means, but I can understand things for the most part.
  7. I'm a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen, and I've seen him in concert six times.  His show here in Louisville a couple years ago is actually my favorite concert that I have ever experienced.  There is nothing like it - over three hours of music with no openers or breaks.  If the Boss is playing anywhere around here, you can count on me being there.
  8. I love supporting locally owned shops, businesses and restaurants.  Here in Louisville, we have a couple of great neighborhoods that I frequent to do just that.  If you ever have a chance to visit, you must check out the Highlands and Crescent Hill areas.
  9. My memory is pretty impeccable, and they even call me a "steel trap" at work because I remember every little detail.  This is also beneficial for trivia nights with friends, something we want to do more of.  On the other hand, if you ask me to do something and I don't write it down, I'll forget instantly until something reminds me of it hours later.
  10. I have a terrible case of road rage, and I hate sitting in stop-and-go traffic.  I'd rather take back roads and the long way than creep along on the interstate.  And I'm definitely not afraid to use my horn. 

Am I alone with my number OCD-ness?  Does anyone else have road rage that just comes over them and can't be stopped?  What are some other random facts about you?  I'd love to read all about them!

xoxo,
Amanda  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat