Sunday, April 27, 2014

Welcome Spring, and a Pretty New Bag

Michael Kors Hamilton Slouchy Satchel
Spring has finally arrived here in Louisville, and I couldn't be happier.  Of course, that means shopping for new clothes and accessories is absolutely necessary.  About a week or so ago, my friend Chelcey and I were out doing just that.  While the retail therapy was wonderful and much needed, I couldn't help but be annoyed at the pain of lugging around my suitcase of a bag.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Michael Kors satchel, but having a sore arm from shopping just wasn't going to fly any longer.  I had my eye on a gorgeous mint green cross-body bag from Fossil, but I wasn't ready to splurge just yet.  Little did I know, the perfect bag was waiting for me somewhere else.

 
Then, a couple days ago after work I decided to stop by Target and see what was new.  Lo and behold, a beautiful bright pink bag caught my eye as I walked in, and I knew I had to have it!  And I mean, come on, it's Target.  If I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life, it would be Target.  I don't know how I didn't think to look there before.  I immediately scooped one off of the shelf and headed for the checkout, so I could get home and fill it with all of my junk stuff and start carrying it.

Merona Mini Satchel

Now I don't know about you, but changing bags is quite the ritual for me.  It's a chance to purge all of the unnecessary things weighing me down (literally) and start fresh with only the things I really need.  Those gum wrappers at the bottom - trash.  Receipts from last week's shopping spree - filed away.  With a new bag free from clutter, a girl can conquer the world.

Clockwise, starting with the wallet: Kate Spade Wallet (similar), Orbit Gum, Anthropologie Sunnies, Vera Bradley Cosmetic, EOS Lip Balm, Soap and Glory Hand Cream

 This is where we start talking downsizing.  Spring to me is all about ease and functionality.  If I'm going to be out and about enjoying the beautiful weather, I don't need to carry a whole lot with me.  For me, the essentials are my wallet, hand cream, lip balm, gum, a small makeup bag, and sunnies.  All of these items fit perfectly in my new Target bag, with room to spare if I ever need to cram something else in there.  Also, I love this Kate Spade wallet because it can double as a chic clutch for going out or if I am making a quick trip to the store.  I definitely don't need to carry those cough drops from my cold three months ago, or my old point-and-shoot camera (cell phones these days work just as well).

 Within my makeup bag, I just carry a small mirror/brush combo I found at Target, a roller-ball perfume, my go-to everyday lipstick and gloss, and another lip balm.  I particularly love this Sugar Rose balm from Fresh because it's an effortless way to add a pop of color without requiring the precision of a lipstick, perfect for when you might be caught without a mirror handy.  The roller-ball perfume is super convenient as well, especially when the weather heats up and you want to be able to easily re-apply your fragrance.  And of course, every girl needs to have their favorite my-lips-but-better shade at their fingertips at all times.  If you're ever in doubt about what shade of lipstick to wear, your MLBB shade is the easiest choice you can make.

So there you have it, my spring essentials and tips for downsizing to a smaller, more functional bag.  What are some of your Spring necessities?  Have you found a new bag for the season?  I'd love to hear your tips and tricks as well!  

xoxo,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. LOVING this post and your pretty new bag! To be completely honest, I like this one a whole lot more than that $100+ Fossil bag you had your eye on!

    ReplyDelete

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat