Tuesday, October 7, 2014

According to Amanda: Five Beauty Tips for the Not-So-Morning Person



If you're anything like me, mornings are a bit of a struggle when it comes to getting out of bed.  By the time I've half-slept through ten songs on the radio, I realize there's hardly any time left to get ready and get out the door semi on time.  That being said, I've mastered some time-saving techniques to help me get ready faster without having to sacrifice my beauty routine.

Skin
Shower at night.  I can't say this enough.  Every time I feel lazy and decide to wait until morning, I always regret it.  Being able to immediately get dressed and do your hair and makeup when you get out of bed really helps to get the ball rolling.  If you rely on a shower to help you wake up, try coffee!   Washing your face with cool water can also help (and you want to wash your face and moisturize anyway, so win win!).

Face
When I'm pressed for time, I'll use my Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation instead of liquid because the application is much quicker.  This eliminates the need for the subsequent steps of setting spray and setting powder too.  Don't skip on the under eye concealer, though!  You'll want that to look more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Eyes
Cream eyeshadows are your best friend when you're in a pinch.  With a simple sweep of color over the lids you're good to go.  And with these products, you don't have to worry about the detailed precision necessary for a more intricate eye look.  Your finger is your best tool with them.  Sweep on a couple of coats of mascara and bat those eye lashes as you walk run out the door.

Lips
Desperate times call for desperate measures, so while you may want to apply that gorgeous red lipstick, resist the urge and go with a gloss instead.  Again, this eliminates extra steps (liner, etc) and allows for a quicker, less precise application yet still looks polished.  If you're feeling adventurous, bring your lippie of choice with you and apply at a red light.   Do not, I repeat DO NOT, apply your makeup while your car is in motion.

Hair
Who hates washing their hair?  This girl over here, that's who.  Well, it's not that I hate washing it as much as I hate the 30 minutes of blow drying and 30 minutes of styling that follow.  Because of this, I've gotten to the point where I can go about 5-7 days between washes.  Yes, you read that correctly.  This is probably my biggest time saver of all.  By now I'm sure you've heard all about dry shampoo, and I'm telling you, it is the best stuff since sliced bread.  The key is not to overdo it, but instead only apply when necessary to get the maximum amount of time from each wash.  You can always touch up a few curls or straighten a few wonky pieces of hair, but that sure beats going through the entire routine every other day.


What are some of your tips for getting out the door quickly in the morning?

xoxo,
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Time and Turquoise © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat